Sunday, August 14, 2011

I learn something new every day!

Okay, so I'm still learning my away around blogland:) I just discovered where I check for and okay comments. So to all those who have left comments-thanks a million. Now that I know where to look I will check this more often!
Nice way to end a beautiful summer day-we went for Ice cream cones-yumm. Actually a very beautiful summer day-low humidity, breeze from the north, and plenty of sunshine without the grueling heat. I picked a 13 quart bowl full of bean, and a 3 gallon icecream bucket full of cukes-guess I know what I'll be doing tomorrow!

Here is a card I made for the Color Throwdown Challenge # 154.
The challange was to use old olive, so saffron, daffodil delight, and dark gray. I came as close as I could with the yellows and the gray. The saffron base I used a sizzix texture plate I got way back when I first got my Cuttlebug, but had not used in a long time (I actually forgot I had them and really had to hunt for them!). The 2 patterned papers are from K&Co., I matted the strips on Old olive cardstock. The sentiment and flourish circle are from Hot Off the Press. I stamped them on white cardstock with Versamark and used silver embossing powder. I then cut it out with Spellbinders circle on a pearl gray scalloped circle cut with Spellbinders scalloped circle die. For the butterfly I used the MS Monarch Butterfly punch and some Old Olive DP. I added some yellow ribbon and 3 small silver square stickers.

1 comment:

  1. Very pretty card, and great use of the colors! Thanks for joining us for the Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete