Tuesday, February 28, 2012

It's Your Day- FBW191

A quick post for Flutterby Wednesday Challenge #191 . The challenge this time round was to use this picture as your inspiration for your project:

 

I love the many colors of pink, and they are so well represented in this bouquet. In looking through my papers, I came across a little packet of papers and stickers from Creative Memories I bought at a garage sale last fall. Perfect colors for this challenge. You also have to have a butterfly, fairie or angel on your project-always easy to do! Here is my take on it:


I considered making this an Easter card, but it ended up more of a Birthday card. It's just the kind of bouquet I'd like to receive for MY birthday!!!!
As stated above, the DP, the green cardstock and the tulip sticker from Creative Memories. The tulips were white and I wanted them pink, so I colored them with Copic R81 Rose Pink. Much better than the white! The pink cardstock is Recollections, a nice layering weight. The frame for the sticker was cut with Spellbinders Fancy Tags 3 (the white) which I cut in half and adhered to the back of the side of the sticker with score tape. The top & bottom (Pink) were some left over pieces from a  project awhile back cut from Ironworks Motifs. The sentiment is from Hot Off the Press 'Matching Borders and Focals'. The butterflies were cut with SU butterfly Embosslit die in green and pink, layered two together, added some rhinestones (Basic Grey) turned up one corner of pink DP and added a frosted pink brad top as an axcent. So spring-y! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment