Thursday, March 1, 2012

Cheery Morning Glory

Hi everyone! As yesterday was quite stormy here, snowing and blowing, it was a good day to hide in my craft area and look at the challenges for this week. I've been looking at the challenge over at  'Crazy 4 Challenges C4C125 ', to create a card using only 2 layers. Don't know why I found it so hard, after I got started it was really quite easy! I love morning glories, even tho I don't have much luck growing them. It's so cool how there is just that hint of pink on the bud before it unfurls, but there is no pink in the open flowers. I hope I caught the true colors in this picture .


I embossed the bottom layer (dark blue) with the Cuttlebug  Paisley Embossing folder from the Cindy Lou set. The floral image stamp is from the CTMH 'Enjoy Every Moment' stamp set. I stamped it on Wausau Brite White cardstock with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and colored it with Copic markers (B21, B24, B29, YG61, G99, Y19, RV91, 0 & C0). I added some Stardust Stickles to the flowers. I cut the image out with Spellbinders Lacey Ovals, and while the image was still in the die I added some blue Pebbles Pearlesent chalk just around the edge. I added some SU mini pearls around the scallop points. I mounted it to the base with foam dimensionals. The sentiment is from the Vertical Sentiments from Impression Obsession stamped in Tuxedo Black. I punched the butterfly from the white cardstock and from vellum with the EK Success Layering Butterfly punch. I added Stardust Stickles to the vellum butterfly (quite a feat-it just wanted to curl up on me-had to sit and hold it until it was dry). I used a bone folder to curl the wings of the white butterfly then glued the vellum cut out on the top of the white one & added some Waterfall Stickles to the open areas and some black Stickles to the body.
Just a whiff of Spring in the air today? My DH is talking about tapping trees-it's almost Maple Syrup time! I'll have to look and see if my crocus are up on the south side of the house yet-always a welcome site this time of year! Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment