Monday, April 16, 2012

You Know You're Old When

Wow! What is going on. Saturday it was in the mid 70s here, Today we have snow-so far it isnot staying, but still!!!!!!!!!!! Snow?????? Oh, well, just another excuse to stay inside and stamp, Right?
So, here is a card I made for one of the gals in my craft group who has a birthday tomorrow.  I will enter it in  Color Throwdown CTD187 , to use Certainly Celery, Chocolate Chip, So saffron and Lavender lace (I came as close as I could with the colors.) I will also enter it in the Sweet Stop Sweet n' Sassy Sketch challenge #154, which was to use a sketch from past challenges. I choose to use the one listed on the blog-it just suited the card I wanted to make.

The Stamp set I used is from Gina K Designs-'You Know You're Old when'. I stamped it with MementoTuxedo Black Ink on Nenah Classic Solar Crest white and colored it with Copic Markers. The DPs:  Penny Black (yellow) and the purple prints I believe are Paper Pizzaz. (I've had them awhile. When I first started stamping I took all those packs apart and sorted them by color-DUMB! I have learned not to do that) Cardstock is SU chocolate chip, lavender and the bottom mat is also a SU green. The center strip is from my scrap bin. I ran that through the cuttlebug with CB embossing folder 'Birds n Swirls'. I cut the Sentiment out with Spellbinders labels and mounted it with foam dots. The focal image is also mounted with foam dots. I added some silver Smootch to the bumper and tires on the car, and some oval rhinestones for the head lights. The flower I made with a flower punch, punching many flowers from 2 DPs and layering them. I also used some on the inside of the card.  

3 comments:

  1. Lol, LOVE this! So Adorably funny! Love the fun image and Fabulous sentiment! 8-) Your dp's are soo Pretty and Love your take on the sketch and the color challenge too! Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Sweet Stop! 8-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun this is!!! So cute and the inside is so well done. Thank you so much for sharing your talent with us at The Sweet Stop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. FUN image!! Love this - totally makes me smile. Thank you for joining us in the Sweet Stop Sketch this week! Hope you have a fabulous week and will join us again!

    ReplyDelete