Saturday, July 14, 2012

Love Story

Another 90° + day here. I am so ready for a cool, rainy day for a relief from the heat, as well as the fact that we really need rain. On the other hand, it's a good excuse to stay inside and play with paper.

I made this card for the Verve Week 1 July sketch challenge. The challenge to myself this week however was to use up scraps and pieces from my work surface. I colored the little mice up some time ago with Prisma colored pencils and odor-less mineral spirits and cut it out by hand. I came across it in a box of scraps I had, and it matched the scraps I had left from a card I had just made-ergo-a card was born :) I reversed the directions of the sketch, otherwise the turtle on the DP looked misplaced.

Here is the verve sketch: 

 And here is my card. 


I used the same die-cut shape as on the from for my inside sentiment. This card could be used for either a wedding card or anniversary card. I like when they have multiple uses.


Ingredients list:

Stamps: Verve Love Story set & Vintage oval border stamp, Penny Black 'Micey Day'
Ink: SU Rose Red, Versa Magic 'sea breeze'
DP: Fancy Pants Designs 'Beach Babe' (this was free paper with my last Cardmaking and Paper crafts Mag), SU black cardstock, Recollections white cardstock for base of card
Accessories: Verve Vintage Oval die, Card making & Papercraft ribbon, Basic Grey rhinestones, Spellbinder M-bossiblities Mystic folder

No comments:

Post a Comment