Friday, July 13, 2012

No Cool Down today!



Well I guess I spoke too soon this morning. Temp made it up to 92° here at home today. We (hubby, daughter & 2 grandsons) went into Marquette this afternoon to watch the Brig NIAGARA come into the harbor. What an awesome sight. It was really hot in town, too. Up to 95° away from Lake Superior. But it was beautiful on the lake shore. Nice wind off the lake, and it was so cool to see all those tall sails unfurled. The ship sailed back and forth across the harbor a couple times before it came into the dock at the marina. A great sight to see.

Now, on to another card challenge. I am entering this in the MOJO Monday 249 . I used the colors from the Crazy 4 Challenges (red, white, blue) which sadly, I missed. Oh well, I still like how the card turned out. Love the color combinations here.
       
        here is the MOJO sketch.

And here is my card.  The outside


The DP is Shabby Green Door-Farmer's Market 'Strawberry Jam'. The cardstock is Beckett Cambric Linen  Blazer Blue. I absolutely love this cardstock. it is so rich and elegant. Can you believe it is being discontinued! Anyway, The focal image is CTMH Quick Cards-Shell stamped with SU Real Red. The sentiment is from JustRite stamps Botanical Medallions and Banners. The focal is cut with Spellbinders Deckled Rectangles. The sentiment banner is SB Vintage Label and Banner. I cut the border from Bazzil Red cardstock with SB Floral Doily Accents. 
Here is the inside of the card.


The sentiment is also from the JustRite set Botanical M & B. The H B-day is from Sweet n' Sassy's 'Birds & Roses' set. Stamped with SU Night of Navy on Bazzil Smooth white CS. I ran a Lapis Lazuli (B18) Copic marker around the edge to set it off, and mounted it on a scrap fo the Farmers market DP.
Hope you like. Love to hear from you.
Hugs and blessings, Jackie


No comments:

Post a Comment