Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Cheery B-day Greeting

Back to the heat of summer again today. Our nice coooooool brake is apparently over. But it is a bit cooler at night. I am so ready for the change of seasons.
Okay, so I missed the color challenge (again) I started this card out for, but will make it in time for the
Flutterby Wednesday 201 challenge, to have butterflies or Fairies on your project. I will also enter this in the Sweet Sunday Sketch challenge #165 (see sketch below).



One of my craft group had a birthday today. I had purchased this clear mini stamp recently, only to find I already had it (hate that-but my craft group loves it-they usually end up with my double purchases as presents). So I decided I would make a card with it for her birthday, then give her the extra stamp for part of her gift. (She is just starting out making cards, so she is a good candidate for my 'extras' I know she won''t have them!) This is a sweet little stamp that works up so quickly and has such endless possibilities. I colored it in with Copics, cut it out with Spellbinders labels 18, and sponged around it with Versa Magic Sea Breeze ink. I then traced around the die on the yellow CS and hand cut it for the mat. The green DP is Scribble Scrable 'Bric-a-brac', the flowered is Echo Park Sunny Spots. The colored cardstock is all from my scrap basket. I am determined to use some of those scraps up. I cut the butterflies with SU butterflies embosslit die, and the large white one I applied a bit of sea breeze ink to the edges and embossing then covered with versa mark ink and added clear embossing powder, heat set it, VM again and SU iridescent ice embossing powder and heat set again. The green butterfly Was cut with a MS punch, then I embossed it with a Sizzix embossing folder. I used a bit of punched border, and apiece of blue CS, which I scored with my score board. It's hard to see here, but I also added Stardust Stickles to the words, the green butterfly, and the center of some of the flowers on the DP.

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful card! Thank you for playing along with my Flutter By Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my first time pay a visit at here and i
    am really happy to read all at alone place.

    ReplyDelete