Saturday, August 11, 2012

Clean and Simple Violets

I have a hard time leaving things 'simple', and so it was hard not to add extras to this card.

I used the sketch from Clean and Simple #203.


 I had colored this image up sometime ago, and it kept turning up on my work table, just begging to be used! It's from Flourishes 'Sweet Violets' set. It's stamped with Staz-on black ink on Bazzil Simply Smooth white CS and colored with Prisma Colored pencils and odorless mineral spirits. I added some Stickles for sparkle-purple to the heart of the violets,  yellow on the petals, and green on the leaves.  I cut it out with SU Labels Framelits, then traced around the die on purple CS and cut with scissors. I popped the image up with foam dots. I dug through my stash of DP scraps and came up with this bit from Paper Pizzaz Friendship pad for the accent piece of DP-I mounted it on a scrap of yellow CS.
Now, when I assembled my card I just couldn't leave those top and bottom borders plain. It just didn't do the image justice. So I used one of the border embossing folders from the Cuttlebug Nouveau borders set. Ed  just enough texture to make the whole card pop. Hope you like.

No comments:

Post a Comment