Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Elegant Wedding Card

I've had these elegant Bazzil Wedding White papers for sometime and have wanted to do an elegant wedding card for awhile now, and just kept putting it off, mostly because I rarely have a call for a wedding card. This sketch from My Favorite Things Wednesday Stamp Club #86 put me in mind of that goal again. Sooo, here it is.


The background paper (which has subtle stripes) is embossed with one of the cuttlebug folders from a new starter set. I cut out 2 pieces of the plain shimmery white with Romantic Rectangles and Lacy Rectangles Spellbinders. I used Verve's 'Love Story' stamp set and stamped the focal image and words  with Colorbox Midnight ink and added clear embossing powder and heat set. I used the Stamp-a-ma-jig to get the sentiment inside the heart in the right place. The layers are popped up with SU dimensional foam dots. The border is made using Spellbinders Classic Edges 2 and Ric-Rac inserts. I added some Recollection rhinestones tot he image and border for a little bling. I stamped the double rings with Versamark and Detail gold embossing powder and heat set. I fussy cut them out. The photo doesn't show very well how shimmery the paper is-but it is very pretty, if I must say so myself :)










Stamps: Verve 'Love Story'
Paper: Recollections blue metallic, Bazzil Wedding Whites
Ink: Colorbox Midnight, Versamark
Accessories: Spellbinders Romantic Rectangles, SB Lacy Rectangles, SB Classic Ric Rac inserts, Recollection Rhinestones, Clear embossing powder, Stampendous detail gold embossing powder, Cuttlebug embossing folder-starter collection, Stamp-a-ma-jig

No comments:

Post a Comment