Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Lighthouse birthday

Today is my hubby's birthday. So I figured I better make him a card 8) I picked up this little lighthouse stamp at a rummage sale quite some time ago, but hadn't used it yet. It really is a nice scenic little stamp. There is no name on the block so I do not know the brand. I do believe it will be used more often now that I have tried it out.

I used the August sketch challenge  'I love Sketches'   from I love 2 stamp.             aug2012sketch




I stamped the image on Neenah white cardstock with Memento Rich Cocoa ink. I colored in the initial image with Copics-the lighthouse, water, cloud, rocks and grass. Then I cut it out with Spellbinders classic rectangle die. While the image was still in the die extended the water and ground to the edges of the die, then added in the sky with Pebbles shimmer pastel chalks. I mounted it on a navy mat cut with Spellbinders Scalloped Rectangles. The DP is Paper Pizzaz Boys to Men. I added texture to the background mat with Cuttlebug D'vine Swirls Embossing folder. I added a bit of Stardust Stickles to the lighthouse windows for light.

Leave a comment please!

No comments:

Post a Comment