Monday, September 17, 2012

Scarecrow 4U

Another fall themed card for you today. The sketch is from I (heart)2stamp the September sketch challenge and I will also enter it in the Crazy4Challenges C4C154 challenge, 'anything goes with a fall twist'.

 sept2012sketch


I stamped the scarecrow from Inkadinkado clear set 'Doodle Fall' on Bazzil Simply Smooth White cardstock with Staz-on Black ink and colored it with Prisma Colored pencils and i also used Copic markers in a couple places. I cut the image out with Spellbinders Scrapyland exclusive Wide Beveled Ovals. I then traced around the die on Bazzill Mudpie cardstock and fussy cut. I sponged some Old Paper Distress ink around the image cut while it was still in the die. The dotted paper is from Echo Park Sweet Summertime Flower Garden, and the orange is Bo Bunny Hello Sunshine. I ran the Old Olive (SU) cardstock through my Cuttlebug with the CheeryLyn Autumn Leaves embossing plate. It doesn't give a really deep impresion, so is a little hard to see here. I added some Stickles to the hat band and knee patches of the scarecrow, and gold stickers for the 'sentiment'.


For the inside of the card I stamped the corn image from the same stamp set in the bottom corner with Memento Rich Cocoa.  I stamped the verse from Stampendous Birthday Assortment clear stamps with rich cocoa ink. I cut out verse and the mat with the Spellbinders SLE wide ovals and sponged around it with Rusty Hinge Distress Ink. I cut the mat from the same cardstock as the green on the outside; I know here it looks like a different color, but it's the same-even embossed it with the same plate! 
 Thanks for looking. Comments are always welcome. Ta ta for now! Hee, hee.



1 comment:

  1. Jackie, lovely coloring on your scarecrow and fabulous fall colors...I really like how you made the inside matching with a similar Nestie shape and such beautiful sponging...I need to give the inside of my cards a little more attention, I think!

    ReplyDelete