Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Stamping lesson learned

I'm always amazed at the obvious things that I miss or neglect to do. Like in this first card I have today. I learned that when you create a sponged background, always make sure the ink is completely dry before you stamp over it-dah! If you don't wait, your stamped image will run. I will include both attempts so you can see the difference. I will enter this in the 'Clean and Simple' sketch challenge #207 over at Clean and Simple Stamping.

 

I took a piece of scrap cardstock and cut a rectangle out of it with Spellbinders Classic Rectangles. I used that as a mask to sponge ink onto the card base-Memento Tangelo, Desert Sand & Pistachio. I then stamped the tree image (Inkadinkado Doodle Fall clear set)  in Memento Rich Cocoa over that. I stamped the sentiment from Verve "Love Story' with the Tangelo ink. Now I have a really hard time leaving all that white space-my mind just wants to add something to that area, like maybe some sparkly gems, or a flourish or something. But I can see that this would be handy for a quick card in a pinch. So I will leave it as is-I think ;)




Here is the pic of the first attempt to make this card. You can see how the ink from the stamped image bled out in certain spots. Not allllll that bad, but not as crisp an image as it should be.

So, when I use this technique again, I will make sure the sponged area is dry before I proceed.


No comments:

Post a Comment