Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Scraps off the cutting table!

Now, I was cleaning out some of my scrap boxes last week, and came across this little fairy that I had stamped and colored eons ago. I just had to use her, so I propped her up and searched for something to go with her. Then I came across the piece of embossed green CS (SU Elegant Lines), and also this little bit of DP, already mounted on the piece of pink-and they all just went together! Love it when I find these little bits in my stashes.
So I thought I'd look for a challenge to match, and of course, thought of 'Flutterby Wednesday'. Excellent-theme this time is anything goes as long as it has a butterfly or fairy. So this if for Flutterby Wednesday #222.


So, I know the image was stamped with Stazon black ink, and colored with Prisma Colored pencils. It already had the Stickles glitter on it, too. I cut it out with Spellbinders and sponged some Memento Summer Sky around the edges while it was in the die (the Stickles made that a bit of a challenge-usually you would sponge it before adding the glitter-it's much easier). I sponged a bit of Dessert sand memento ink to the design on the embossed CS to make the design 'pop' a bit. Image panel is mounted with SU foam dimensionals. I added some green rhinestones to the panel to balance it out. I added some Stickles to the berries and centers of the flowers on the DP. Pretty!

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful image and a great card! Thank you for playing along with my Flutter By Wednesday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute image - love the sparkle! Don't you just love it when your "card parts" turn into cards??? Thanks for joining us at Fluttery By Wednesday this week.

    ReplyDelete