Friday, February 1, 2013

Sweet as can bee!

Hi everyone out there in blog-land. What a perfect winter day here. I had to go to my daughter's at 7:30 this morning to grandkid-sit:) The sun was just coming up, the sky was mostly clear, what clouds there were were all purple and pinky-orange, and the trees were covered with a thick blanket of snow. SO pretty-but cold, brrrrrrrr. The kind of cold that makes your nose stick together when you breath! Had warmed up to about 17 when I brought them to my house about 9:30a.m. Sunny all day and everyone was busy digging out (our neighbor's car was almost buried). But it is even colder now. Hubby took me out for fish-fry for my birthday, and the thermometer was at 1 degree F when we came home just at dark. Going to be  cold one tonight. TGF a wood stove and a down blanket. Nice and warm inside.

                       






















My card today is for the Papertake Weekly Challenge #75. The challenge was a free-for-all-sketch challenge, to use the current sketch, or any previous sketch. I chose to use sketch #58. I had picked up this package of StudioG stickers at Michael's sometime over the summer-I love the bee skep image, and it was the perfect size for this circle die-cut. All the papers but the green CS and little sentiment flower is from the Close to my Heart "Pemberly" paper pack. Such pretty papers. I  sponged the edges of the DP with Momento Rich Cocoa, and mounted all layers flat. The bee skep sticker is double layer. I stamped the sentiment on a scrap of white CS with Momento Nautical Blue, cut it out with a flower punch (no name on it) and then sponged the edges with the blue ink and mounted it flat on the picture. As this is another for Operation Write home, I wanted it to be layers, but more on the  flat-ish side. I really like this sketch. It might become one of my 'go-to' sketches.

Paper: CTMH Pemberly, SU Old Olive CS
Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa, Nautical Blue
Stamp: HOTP 'Tiny Words and Images"
Accessories: Spellbinders Classic Circles Lg & Sml, Studio G Stickers





























1 comment: