Tuesday, April 16, 2013

FTL Clean & Simple

First of all, my prayers go out to all those affected by the tragic bombing in Boston yesterday.  Such senseless acts are just mind boggling. I pray that whoever is responsible for this cowardly act is located and dealt with. May you find God's peace through all of this.
My card today is for the Clean & Simple Sketch Challenge #235

 

.
 For my background I used  the dragon fly  design papers from the K&Co. Botanical pad, mounted on a piece of SU Marina Mist. For the focal image I finally inked up one of the double flower stamps from Verve's 'Budding Blossoms' stamp set. I've had this set forever and had only used one of the flowers from it. I think I need to use it more. Love this little flower. I inked it up with Versa Color Lapis Lazuli ink and stamped on a scrap of SU Whisper White. I filled in the flower with Copics B000 &  B00. I stamped the leaves and stems with Versa Magic Tea Leaves. I added lines to the leaves with Copic G99, and a slight shadow areound the flower image with Copic C0. I cut the sides of the image and mat (SU Always Artichoke) with Spellbinders long deck
led rectangles. I used a scrap of SU old olive card for the sentiment, stamped in Versa Magic Hint of Pesto. Added the little dragonfly sticker to finish it off.


1 comment: