Thursday, March 20, 2014

A passion for purple

Pileated Woodpecker Photo
Beautiful sunny day, but cold again. The birds have been flocking to our feeders in droves. And over the last few days we have had a super cool visitor, a Pileated Woodpecker. Isn't he the coolest thing? He looks so prehistoric. He's about the size of a crow. I wondered why all of a sudden we were going through suet like crazy. He has a hearty appetite. Hopefully our little grocery store has more suet-I'd like him to stick around for awhile.





So, on to my card for today. I found these cool digi images of vintage ladies a few years ago from Imag-e-nations. There are 8 images in different poses and colors. I have made a few cards with them, and they are still my favorites. I am using the sketch from Sketch Frenzy Friday #313.  It's a simple layout and that's the way I kept the card-simple. The cardstock is Paper Pizzaz Birthday 8x8 pad, background is Paper Pizzaz-Icy Rainbow, and the bubble look DP is from an old Provo craft paper pad-which long ago lost it's cover. Sentiment is from Impression Obsession stamped in Momento Grape Jelly, cut around and inked around the edges with Momento Grape Jelly marker. A little purple rhinestone to finish it off.
To me it says 'serene'. Oh, and those vintage ladies? I discovered I can recolor the whole page to one color-woo-hoo-whatever color I need. Yes!

3 comments:

  1. Your card is very beautiful. I love Purple and this card made me smile! Thanks for joining us over at Sketch Frenzy Friday!





















    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty card, the purple's really pop! Thanks for playing along with the Sketch Frenzy Friday challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty in purple! Thanks for playing along with us at Sketch Frenzy Friday!

    ReplyDelete