Sunday, April 13, 2014

Spring Thanks

Tonight's card uses a favorite SU stamps set-Fast and Fabulous. I love this tall flower stem, it seems very regal somehow. And I finally broke open this pretty Kaiser Craft paper pad-Miss Nelly. Such vintage looking papers. Love them.
I used the sketch from Freshly Made Sketches #131, and the theme over at Creative Knockouts-Spring is in the Air. Spring, flowers, butterflies, and snow melting like crazy. I know we won't have a green Easter, but unless we get some more snow this week we will have green spots at least!


                                                                


I mounted the background paper on a piece of SU Gumball Green, and the blue print on a piece of SU Not Quite Navy. I stamped the flower on a piece of Neenah Solar White, first the flowers with Momento Rosebud, then the stem with SU Gumball Green using a Stamp-a-ma-Jig. I colored the leaves in a bit with a Copic Marker. The flower image is matted on a piece of  Rich Razzleberry card. I cut the corners with a Fiskars corner punch. The sentiment is cut from Not Quite Navy with a Quick Cuts Basic Phrases die. The rhinestone flourish was clear and I colored it with Copic RV19 Red Violet. Added a little iredescent butterfly rhinestone.
Love to have you leave a comment!

1 comment:

  1. Such a beautiful and vintage-looking card. I love that Fast and Fabulous set and you've used it so well here. Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete