Tuesday, June 24, 2014

A Micey Nice Day OLS

I have wanted to play along with the One Layer Simplicity challenge all month. The challenge is to "Frame It". As I thought about it I was planning to emboss a die as the frame. That is until I was going through my stamps looking for something to stamp and color inside the frame. I came across these adorable Penny Black mice, and out the window flew the original idea :) So here is what I came up with..........after about 4 aborted starts (smudges, crooked stamping, dropped the stamp in middle of paper...you know how it goes)..........and 2 days later....right under the wire....


I am not happy with this photo of my card. I do not have access to my HP Photosmart printer and software, and the photo edit program on the PrintMaster program is sadly inferior to the HP program from which I can lighten up the picture considerably. I have to take my whole system into the 'puter doc'....

The stamp is from the Micey Nice Day PB stamp set. I stamped in Momento Rich Cocoa on Gina K. Pure Luxury White cardstock. I colored the mice and flowers with Copic Markers.  I used Prisma Colored Pencils to add the grass under the mice. 
Now, the butterfly was not in my plans. But I was replacing the ink cartridge in my adding machine, and somehow I got a smudge of ink on the card front. Go figure! So, I wanted to add a bumble bee over the smudge. I know I have a tiny bumble bee stamp. But could I find it? Of course not. Tons of tiny butterflies, but no tiny bee (I'll find it tomorrow, of course). So I settle for the little butterfly from JustRite Botanical Butterfly set. I stamped him in Brilliance Pearlescent Chocolate ink. I stamped the tiny mice feet for the border/frame and the sentiment with the Moment RC ink.  And I had to add bling, didn't I? So some Recollections brown rhinestones for the flower centers. Such darling little mice, don't you think?
Don't you just love Penny Black critter stamps? I sure do. Hope you like my happy little card. 

1 comment:

  1. Oh! Jackie this is totally adorable...I love the little foot print border and the wee mice are just lovely..fabulous colouring too...so sweet.

    luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete