Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Open Sea

Big gap in my posts again. Busy, busy time of year. Garden all in, most of flowers planted, still a couple flower beds to spruce up. On top of all that we are getting ready to install a new furnace and central air. Really, really need to clean and organize the basement. And then there are the grandson's little league games. Doesn't leave a whole lot of time to craft :( But we press on......

This simple card today fits into several challenges: The Paper Players-color challenge; Clean and Simple sketch #294; Creative Knockouts-Die cuts/ Punch Frenzy- use die cuts or puches; CAS-ual Friday, Create a Guy card with the following catch...you can't use kraft as a color at all, AND you have to include some sort of ribbon; and Crazy for Challenges #239 a masculine card.


   









I have had fun with this simple layout. It lends itself well to using up a lot of those 12 x 12 papers I have (so I can get more?!:).  I've made 6 of these cards for Operation WRite Home, which is unusual for me-I don't normally make more than one of a card. But I really want to get another box out to OWH, so I'mass producing a few styles. I stamped the ship image from  SU's Open Sea set on CTMH Colonial White cardstock with SU Night of Navy ink, cut it out with Spellbinders Classic Ovals. I sponged Night of  Navy ink around it in the die, and went around the edge with N.O.N. marker. I cut SU Real Red cardstock with SB Big Scallop Ovals die for the mat. Same treatment for the sentiment.

Items used:
Cardstock: Stampin Up Real Red, Close to My Heart Colonial White
Background paper: Boxer by Basic Grey
Sentiment stamp: Close to My Heart 'Say it in Style
Ink: Stampin' Up Night of Navy
Dies: Spellbinders Big Scalloped Ovals, Classic Ovals and Basic Labels
Navy  Blue ribbon (a sample I received with an order from Ellen Hudson)

2 comments:

  1. Boy, I remember that Boxer paper from BG! Looks great with your nautical theme! So glad you could play with our colors this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I received an email that comment didn't post ??

    So here goes again!

    Your card is very pretty. I love BG and I still have a bunch of boxer paper. This would make a great masculine card. Thanks for playing with Creative Knockouts.

    ReplyDelete