Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Rose thank you

Today I have a card for Hand Stamped Sentiments Challenge #188. I really like this sketch, and I am sure I will be using it a lot as I work on another box of cards for Operation Write Home.

                 

I don't have a whole lot of information for this card:) I found the image piece in my 'reject' box-it didn't work out for something else-but it did for this rose sticker. The background for the rose is stamped, I just don't know which stamp or what ink. I do know it is cut with Spellbinders Labels One. The background DP is SU Blushing Bride from a 6x6 pad, mounted on Blushing Bride cardstock. I believe the green mat is DCWV. I stamped the butterflies (SU Papillon Potpouri) with Momento Northern Pine ink, and colored them in with Copics R0000, R000, and R01. I didn't like how the butterfly punch took too much of the green border off the butterflies, so I fussy cut them out. The sentiment is from Sweet N' Sassy Christmas Tags stamp set stamped in Northern Pine, cut out with My Favorite Things Fishtail Flags. I popped the image panel with SU dimensional foamies. Added the silver border stickers and 3 Recollections rhinestones.


4 comments:

  1. Beautiful card! I love that you went through your "reject" box to find bits and pieces :) You did a great job with the sketch! Thanks for playing along with us at HSS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely, romantic styled card! I love the rose and the butterflies. All the pieces you used look perfectly coordinated! Thanks for playing with the sketch at HSS! Erika

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nicely done! I love that you are making cards for Operation Write Home :0) I am so glad you joined our sketch challenge this month at Hand Stamped Sentiments. Smiles, Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh so very vintage! I like the shape of the main focal point, looks so nice with the vintage look! Thanks for playing at HSS!

    ReplyDelete