Monday, July 7, 2014

Stars and stripes Birthday

            Hope everyone had a nice holiday weekend. We had a beautiful day here in the U.P of Michigan. Watched the parade, then went out to the lake where my daughter and family were camping for a very relaxing afternoon. Bugs weren't even too bad:) Saturday wasn't too bad. But Sunday-Yikes! We had some heavy downpours in the morning, and again late in the evening, and gloomy all day. Total of 3 1/2 inches of rain.

            First I have to apologize for not publishing the comments on my last post sooner. My computer was out of commission and off to be fixed. And then the holiday, well.....you know how it goes.....

           So for my first card today I have used up some red, white and blue 'things' that I punched or die cut a year ago at one of my craft night gatherings. One of the gals had us all bring all of our flower-like and star dies and punches and red, white and blue papers because she had a project for us to do. It was a pretty centerpiece using the cut-outs to make layered 'flowers' and attach them to sticks and arrange in a vase like flowers. Well, I cut the pieces out &  put some of them together, but never did finish it up-company cut into my craft time^0^. So, when there were so many 'red, white & blue' challenges this last week, I pulled them all out and used some for cards.
I will enter this card in the Cute Card Thursday challenge- REACH FOR THE STARS; the Seize the Birthday challenge STARS AND/OR STRIPES; and the Tuesday Throwdown-Anything goes.



          I used the Spellbinders star dies to cut out the stars.  I stamped the sentiment from Verve 'Big Wish' set, with Momento Blue Danube ink on Close to My Heart white cardstock. I then embossed the white cardstock with the Stampin' Up Stripes embossing folder then mounted it on a base of SU Real Red CS. The stars are cut from SU cardstock, too. The big star was just too plain, so I embossed it with the Sizzix Stars and Swirls embossing folder and added the little metal star brad.


4 comments:

  1. I love this card! Really love the embossing on the big red start! Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card for our theme. Thanks for joining us at CCT X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous 'stars and stripes' birthday card! Embossing the background and that big, red star was a nice touch. Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how you used the stars and stripes!! Awesome card.
    Thanks so much for playing along with us at Seize the Birthday!!

    ReplyDelete