Friday, June 12, 2015

A Graduation card

Time seems to slip away from me and by the time I get around to posting a card I make for a challenge it's already ended. Thus no cards for the last few weeks. Crazy busy with graduation, vacations, and following grandsons to Little League games. Fun, but sure tires this ole gal out!

My first card today uses the sketch from Fusion Card Challenge.  I flipped the sketch on it's side for this card. It also has the dark blue color of the shutter and the gold of the star from the sketch.
This card is for a great-nephew of my husbands. I went on the school web sight to find the school colors, which simply said blue and gold. So my first attempt was just that! Then my daughter said no, the colors are navy blue and gold (not the yellow I had used.) So on to take 2, which I actually like better.



I saw this sentiment (from SU Word Play set) on so many cards on Pinterest, and of course it was no longer available from SU. So I went on eBay looking. The first couple listings had multiple bids and price was already over what original price was. Then there was the next listing-no bids yet, closing in 22 minutes. Decided to watch it. I GOT the whole set for $5 + shipping (which was $5.50, but hey- still cheaper that the others and cheaper that original by far). Meant to be mine, right?
Anyway........This stamp is so appropriate for graduation cards. Such a positive statement.  Hope you enjoy. Leave some love. I always appreciate what others think of my work.

Will also enter this in the following challenge:  
http://pinkgemchallengeblog.blogspot.ca/2015/06/challenge-146-something-blue.htmlhttp://pinkgemchallengeblog.blogspot.ca/2015/06/challenge-146-something-blue.html-Something Blue

Recipe:
Stamps: SU Word Play, Sweet 'n Sassy Congrats Grad, Lawn Fawn Starry Backdrops
Paper: SU Whisper White, Bazzil Navy, Recollections Metallic gold
Ink; Momento Tuxedo Black, Versa Color Neptune.
Accessories: Sweet N Sassy Mortarboard die, Spellbinders Deckled Rectangles, Copic Markers, Ranger Clear Detail Embossing powder, Sizzix Diamonds embossing folder.




2 comments:

  1. Such a wonderful graduation card!
    Thanks for joining us at FUSION!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super card, love the sentiment, no wonder you had to have it! Thanks for joining us at A Gem of a Challenge xx

    ReplyDelete